Geesh....45 grains of powder for a load?

Under Biden, the most powder I've been putting in a case is 30 grains of 4198....

223 I shoot the most... its been 8.5 to 14 grains of shot gun / pistol powder...

8.5 grains of Unique in a 223, with pistol or small rifle primer, with 50, 52, 53 and 55 grain bullets ( which I shoot a lot of), given 7 inches of elevation at 100 yds, will allow me to hit a frying pan sized gong at 300 yds... crank the target turrent on top to 11 to 12 inches high at 100, will allow me to hit a large frying pan sized piece of steel at 400 yds...

its Thursday and its been rainy as hell this week, and the weeks before also...I only live 3 miles from our local range...I've found time to get over there and put 120 rounds down range this week.... mainly at the 300 & 400 yd gongs...( don't have to go out and set up a target).. this week have loaded up about 120 rounds ( really reloaded 120 rounds) do so at night in the shed, while my wife has the TV all hogged with Chick Stuff.. currently playing with 5 rifles, each in 223... practice for sage rat season starting in about 8 weeks or so...

When you can shoot 5,000 rounds or more during sage rat/ ground squirrel season, the economy of 8.5 to 14 grains of powder per shot is a lot of economical shooting... and accuracy has to be what some of the targets above in this thread are showing...

guess there is a big difference in our shooting & hunting habits are from here to back east, where I am originally from.. ( Virginia)....

spend the spring and summer shooting something the size of a small 10 ounce pop can at 200 yds, that can run like a bat out of hell and stops on a dime.. come deer season.. a deer looks like a dump truck at 300 yds... shooting those gongs at that distance, with these sort of economy loads, connecting with a flat shooting rifle, like a 243 or 260 come deer season is almost a chip shot... and 22 grains of Blue Dot will accomplish that easily.. or the same with 30 grains of 4198... 150 yd shots in the woods hunting areas, are't much of a challenge at all....

heck with the same amount of powder I am shooting out of my 6.5 Grendal, with a max charge of 30 grains.. is pretty much the same thing I do with my other deer hunting rifles...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez