Originally Posted by TRexF16
Very interesting post Seafire but this is a thread about the use of the new Reloader 15.5 TS powder.
I'm not being a smarty-pants - your post is genuinely interesting and has a lot of merit. You ought to post it as a stand-alone thread.

I'll be loading up ten of the 54 grain charges with the 155 Scenar and see if I can repeat the nice performance above, and also do a little mini-ladder with the 165 AB. Maybe the 168 ABLR too.

Best Regards,
Rex

To the OP and TRex, thanks for posting up results on this powder. Looks like it's doing great in your 30-06. I've been messing with a new 30-06 myself, and the LGS has plenty of RL15.5, but it's spendy. I don't know if I want to step away from the powders I have been messing with. Do you feel it is a step above a less expensive powder, like Hunter ($30/lb) or Big Game ($30/lb)? Seafire brings up a great point about cost, but to a much higher degree. He shoots a lot, like some of us do here and he's very conservative. Just wondering if RL15.5, at almost $60/pound locally, is really that much better in regards to temp stability or accuracy, to choose it over something more economical? Also, as I mentioned in a post 6 months ago. Some say RL15.5 doesn't meter well and it is bulky powder. I love RL15 and it drops well enough from my powder measure, but I understand RL15.5 is not as good through most powder measures. Almost anytime I use RL15, I know I can also use AR Comp, but reduce by 5% and check velocities. AR Comp drops very well from the uniflow and also burns real clean. Great for AR's and bolt actions alike. However, the reason I hesitate to buy the new RL15.5 is because of the damned price tag!!! Aliant is also another one of those companies that have been damn slow getting their product out to us, while also raising prices.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA