Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Don't know how today's vintage is but my rule of thumb is real simple."the older the hornady box is the older and the better the bullets are from Hornady". Just one of my targeted purchases at gunshows and usually for a lower price than at the gunshop/ box store...mb

That's an interesting outlook. I have a few boxes of Hornady bullets, some 154 gr. and some 175 gr. IIRC where the box does not say Interlock. I probably bought them when I was still living in California. I left permanently in 1968, never to return. Might be interesting to section one from each box and see just what I have.

While I've shot various calibers and weights of Hornady bullets, I can't recall ever using them on game with one exception. I used quite a few .243 Hornady 100 gr. bullets at coyotes and let kids use my rifle for their first deer hunts. That bullet killed nice Nevada Mule Deer just fine. Four neighbor kids used the rifle to take their first deer.

I forget whether they were the .35 caliber 250 gr or the .375 caliber 300 gr. bullets where two boxes with the same lot number had bullet noses noticeably different. I spotted the defect when I was seating bullets and some came out much shorter that what they should have been. This was in the early 1980s.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE