Well, I picked one up locally, our Governor recently signed for no sales tax on firearms which helped a bit.

Got it home and took it apart, sopped up some of the oil that was literally dripping from it, and ran a few patches through the bore. The take down feature was appreciated here.

I took it out the next morning and put a few rounds down range with a small mix of factory loads, and a couple of hand loads. It was hitting just a bit left at 25 yards, so I bumped the sight over slightly and put the target stand at 50.

Here my vintage eyes, coupled with progressive lenses on my glasses made groups nearly impossible. The angle necessary to see the sights seemed to put my eye in line with the very edge of where there's a "transformation" in the lense of the glasses. This left me seeing two bullseyes.

Let's just say a chest size target is in real trouble at that range, while a squirrel head sized target is perfectly safe.

The carbine functioned perfectly with all loads, one of which was a hand load with a 147 grain powder coated flat point from Missouri bullet co. with BE86 powder. Most accurate seemed to be a Hornady 115gr. XTP with the same powder.

I just ordered a SIG Romeo 5 that should help with my open sight shortcomings. (Thanks for the heads up on it Pappy).

The Freedom RDS looks even better with the 1 minute dot, but will have to wait until my wallet recovers.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.