Originally Posted by slugflinger
The jugs were 51 yards from the muzzle.

The bullet on the left is a Hornady 115 grain XTP, velocity at 15 feet, 1206 fps. Bullet was in the 4th. jug, but had put a hole in jug #5.

Bullet on the right is a 124 gr. XTP, 1213 fps. The jacket was found in jug #4, core in jug #5.

FYI, if you are using that ammo and gun for self-defense purposes, try shooting those rounds at the same medium from only a few yards away. The bullets probably are designed around different velocity parameters that the carbine barrel length may skew, especially close up. I shot Hornady Custom 124 grain XTP out of my PC Carbine 9mm from about 4 yards away from water jugs. (I got chrono results of 1305 MV out of my PC Carbine.) I only got into the third jug, while my Sig P365 and Sig P365 XL, with the same ammo and fired from the same distance but at lower velocities, got into the 4th jug. Of course, there was more expansion out of the carbine. The same array fired with a 124 Gold Dot out of the carbine resulted in an almost pancake flat overexpanded Gold Dot in jug 2. I shot it again and got the same result. A Gold Dot fired out of the Sig P365 XL got into the third jug.

I love my PC Carbine, but for self defense and general woods bumming, I keep it loaded with Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P hard cast or our own Mackay_Sagebrush's Lost River Ammunition Company 148 grain +P hard cast.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln