Dad went into his favorite spot on his favorite trout lake in the White Mountains, AZ.

Some of Mom's went under the dirt next to the headstone of her dead brother (he died at 7 yrs old) back near Chicago.

Didn't ask permission for either. That's what they wanted, and we got it done.

Just before Mom passed, I asked her about where she wanted her ashes. I'd asked her before, but she was non-committal and again said "as long as it's not on the water." Knowing the time was nearing, I knew I needed a better answer, and I had an idea. I asked her if she wanted some of her ashes spread with her brother, and she said "oh, that grave probably isn't even there anymore." (he passed about 80 years ago). I told her it was, I'd located it a couple years earlier, and described the headstone to her. Her eyes got wide, and she said "that's it." I asked if she wanted some of her ashes there, and all she could do with teary eyes wide as enthusiastically nod "yes."

No way in HELL was that not going to happen, cemetery rules be damned.

The rest of her ashes will be near Dad (off the water), with her Mother and Father at their graves, also at our long time family campsite in N. AZ, and finally at her favorite remote Indian ruin and artifact exploration area in AZ.

FS and tree cops can kiss my azz. That you can "legally" spread them over a national forest via an airplane, but not spread them at a specific location is about as stupid as it gets.

When the time comes, you make the deceased last wishes happen, and fugg .gov, and everyone else. They're ashes for fugg sake.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.