No, not a Booner buck. Not even close. Got this cow horn buck aged at 3 1/2 late this season with a very special vintage weapon. I absolutely love taking the old stuff hunting with me and this pistol fits that description. Seven years ago I inherited my uncle’s Colt Single Action Army pistol. She’s chambered in 45 Long Colt and is a “first generation “ issue. I got Colt to send me her history and their records showed she was shipped to Richards & Conover Hardware in Kansas City on August 15, 1907. She’s 115 years old! All this time I had wanted to get a deer with this old gunfighter’s pistol and Lady Luck kissed me on the cheek that afternoon. A 260 grain lead bullet, cast by me, did the job at 30 yards.

I had several small yearling bucks in range that afternoon but held off. Then this older, larger, buck showed up and figured he fit the bill. Didn’t see much potential for future antler growth out of this guy, given his age/size. Special thanks to Kirk/Shrapnel for his load suggestions a few years ago. 6.0 grains of Red Dot under my cast bullet.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Godogs57; 01/30/23.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.