Originally Posted by cv540
Very nice!

Many would have restored a valuable old revolver and pampered it in a safe. Great to see you shooting it and hunting it....using it for the purpose it was designed for.

Well maybe utilizing it to dispatch some Marauding Rascal would be a closer use for this old Peacemaker's original designed purpose, but then it would end up in a police evidence room so maybe hold off on that.

Any info you can share as to how it was used by your relative, or does only the old revolver know those stories?

Interesting story behind how I got it. My aunt and her husband, my uncle, passed away pretty close to each other and it came time for us to clean out the house and divvy up the belongings. You know the drill. My uncle, while he didn’t hunt, loved to skeet shoot and collect guns. The family knew I was the cousin/nephew that loved guns and hunting, so the guns were mine. Hallelujah!

His collection wasn’t all that big at the end but he had several nice pieces, including a Superposed 20 ga skeet, some nice twelves and a beautiful 28 gauge Charles Dayley o/u. My cousin slipped me the SAA that was in, of all places, the kitchen drawer. My only living uncle and aunt were in charge of the dispersal of everything and told me to load up the long guns, reloading equipment, etc…..but the SAA stays. It was a pistol you see and they thought all pistols should be confiscated and destroyed. Oh boy….confrontation coming and I’ll be damned if I’m handing that pistol over. I explained to my aunt and uncle that Uncle Bill had promised me that pistol when I was a little boy! If you bring it by the sheriff’s department it will NOT be melted down but rather, smuggled out by whomever took it in. It’s collectible and needs to stay in the family I explained. They were still concerned it would somehow get back on the street and murder someone all by itself. 😖

I promised them I’d keep it in my safe and that would never happen and they nodded their heads agreeing. Glad a showdown was averted. No way I was turning that pistol over.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.