Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Enjoyed the story goods. Did Turnbull do the restoration sure looks good? Great save on the revolver from naive relatives. That buck will eat great. Best thread in a long while...mb
Schwarz Gun restoration in East Elljay, GA. Up in the mountains. Bill is a master at what he does. Vintage guns only…he will not bore sight your 700. He’s an unbelievable storehouse of information on any vintage gun and at any time, has guns shipped in from all over the country to his little shop. Interesting man. Had a wolf for a pet (one of those that was for all intents and purposes 95%). Huge. Wouldn’t let you get anywhere near him……just give you that better-not-mess-with-me look. Bill would eventually look at him and say something like “Hank’s ok, quit lookin at him like that!” Then he’d come up beside me and we’d be buddies after that.

Bill has worked on several LC Smiths for me, bedding them, opening up chokes, or total restorations. His color case hardening process is different for each gun, matching the results to the original. A Fox will look like Fox’s color case, LC’s, Parker’s, etc. All done at about 1/3 the cost of Turnbull. One LC he totally restored for me was finished right before the NRA meeting in Atlanta. Mine was a challenge….there was zero finish anywhere on the gun. Picked it up and then headed to Atl and saw the exact same gun at Turnbull’s display. The two guns were indistinguishable. Except the $$.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.