Thanks Fellas!

I'm in NWKS and we had some really cold weather come through and they furred up fast! Seems like most of the time the sow comes out pissed off and ready to fight. Sometimes the younger ones will too, but other times they will run up another tree or disappear back in the den tree. The fur buyers don't like them when they are killed with a shotgun, but that's what works.

We turn on the call (coon distress #2 on the Lucky Duck call), wait 3-5 minutes and if they are there, they will peek a few times, get nervous, and either come down tree and run straight to the call, or screw around on the tree and go up and down a few times. We don't normally shoot them on the tree....we like to see them come down and run across the ground. It seems more sporting that way.

Also from my experience...You may call some really good looking den trees and never see a coon. I read once that coons can have up to 15 different dens. But when you find the right one its a pretty cool experience. Multiples happen a lot, and sometimes they will come from the damnedest places! Also I have had really good luck with brush piles...the older the better. We called one giant pile that had 8-10 coons in it. When we started calling they all started fighting with each other and making a helluva racket! 2 eventually came screaming out across the ground to the call.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]