Shot these Idaho Rock Chucks Thursday with my TC Contender 223 while it changed from rain to heavy winds to sleet & then a bit of sun light. The Chucks don't like wind so it was slow for quite a while & just before I was about to leave this big old boy started playing peek a boo with me for quite a while.
You could tell he had been shot at before because most times all I could see was an eyeball sticking over a Lava rock watching me hide behind my Jeep. I spotted him 4 different times before he finally made a mistake & gave me a shot, he is a huge Chuck, longer than my gun with a 14" barrel! I had to shoot between the cows & over that snow bank into those Lava rocks to get him, it was 156 yds. He's a real pig!
The next 5 were half a mile away on a very steep Lava reef that dropped off towards the river. I could only get a reading on one of them & it was 241 yds, most all of them were about the same distance. I went 5 for 5. In the last photo you can see the little Lava reef where I had been parked when I shot them. All were big, large males. One of them fell down into a crevice, which is very common, most of the time I only recover about half of them.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Dick