Originally Posted by JPro
These are the inexpensive 150gr Norma Whitetail loads. I recall your Sig liking them also.

That scope is the original Sightmark Wraith HD 4x. I picked it up used here on the classifieds to pair with the little Pulsar monocular I have. Works fairly well so far, although I can certainly understand the desire to go further down the NV/Thermal rabbit trail with all the good products that keep coming out on the market today! The image on the Wraith is fairly decent, when I take the time to focus the thing and don't just jump straight on the trigger. grin

I have owned two of the ATN night vision optics. They work best when focused on a relatively stationary tableau . For scanning they are not the best. Can't tell ya' how many critters I've dispatched over the last 10 years or so (IIRC on the time frame) using my night vision optics. For a good while I continued using the night vision, even after I had two thermal optics, because they worked so well for the type of hunting I do, (sitting, watching a designated spot, waiting for a critter to show up).

As to the inexpensive Norma ammo. That is all I use in the Sig. It flat works. I caught it on sale at Palmetto State Armory IIRC for $12.50 per 20 rounds plus shipping. I bought 20 boxes.

Good stuff!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.