Big Sky;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that your section of somewhere warmer had a decent day and you're well.

Our youngest daughter is a high school teacher down in the Lower Mainland and was discussing this app and some of the art apps when she was home at Christmas. I should add she teaches English, Art and is trained to teach History as well.

Her concern is both that it leads to laziness and further erodes the students' abilities to communicate their thoughts in writing. We've pretty much made it here as a society - for sure for better and worse - in large part because we're able to articulate our thoughts to one another through written medium.

We don't know how detrimental it might be to go backwards, but best guess at this point is there's a good chance of the answer being "very".

The same can be said of art or music which is pretty deep in us humans. To get to a place where there's no financial incentive for artists and musicians to excel might again be extremely bad for us as a civilization. Most likely in fact.

Those two points don't begin to go down the path of nuances like Higginez mentioned where code could be written so everything written about "purple people" will be bad and "mauve people" will be good. In the same way it could be slanted for the type of art or music it creates and with enough saturation, we really cannot say what effect that has on people as it effects what they consider "normal".

Like the woke movement in general, it's potential for harm far, FAR exceeds it's potential for positives - in my view.

Just a few thoughts from a little old guy north of the medicine line tonight sir.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/07/23. Reason: better wording?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"