Originally Posted by gregintenn
People complain about the lock rings, but they are genius if you understand how they work. The rubber o ring in them provides enough resistance that you won’t move the lock ring by accident, yet you can easily adjust it by hand. If you don’t trust it, take a sharpie and make a witness mark on the die and lock ring and see if it ever moves.

I don’t like the set screw type locking rings. You adjust them, then when you tighten the set screw, it swells the ring out enough you’ll need a wrench to get the die out of the press. Next time you use the die, you’ll need to grab that wrench again to tighten it back to the place it was before.

Good advise.. I do the witness mark on the Lee Dies I use. always have a black sharpy on the reload bench for that...

When I tighten the set screw on the RCBS dies I'll remove it using a wrench.. but after that, I raise the ram and then just hand tighten until it makes contact...

I have a hook on the side of the reload bench, with it holding a couple of Harbor Freight Crescent Wrenches for things like this...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez