If I would never turn necks on bottleneck cartridges, my first choice for all reloading would be a Redding Body Die and Lee Collet Die - for everything.

More than a few years back curiosity got the best of me and I really wanted to research different loading tools and methods - and evaluate the differences. Purchased a half dozen different .308 die sets, a few tools to measure and shot my .308 a LOT.

First - I'll say there's not much of a detriment to the KISS principle. If you have good consistent reloading procedures, you should absolutely find your handloads are consistent from cartridge to cartridge. Example- if you are accomplishing 3-4 thou runout - you'll should see the same 3-4 thou runout on all 50 loads. Maybe 1 outlier. If you want your runout to be 1-2 thou - what you need to do is change the tools you are using. Get different dies. Your reloads are only as good as the tools you use to make them. If you know how good your reloads are - and you want them to be better - you need to use different tools. Even if it is the same brand of tool.

I had a set of dies that was consistently high run-out. I sold that set of dies. Purchased another set of dies the same exact brand and model - that replacement die set was among the best for creating straight ammo. The lesson here - I never buy used dies. I'm sure the person that purchased my used dies used thought they were the same as new - they weren't. Perhaps he will never know?

My loading procedures now are very close to what Seafire uses above - if I don't turn necks.

Given the opportunity, I turn necks, size with a Redding body die, and size necks with Wilson bushing hand die.

All seating is a Wilson Seater.