I am not, that is why I am asking. I don't have tools to measure actual headspace. I am going off of several things here, first, like I mentioned before I am assuming that since the bolt closes easier as I screw the die in further, something is moving the right direction. Also I took a sized case back to my gunsmith ( along with the gun) and he pulled the firing pin and chambered the round. He said the headspace was slightly tight, but in his opinion it was actually about perfect. He didn't use any case gauges etc to check. I also has him run his 30-06 go no go gauges in the chamber, and the 1 barely made contact. All that to say, I probably know just enough about headspace to be dangerous.

I want to be sensible Handloader, but not sure where else to go. I don't know anyone locally that could help me figure it out, else I would get some help.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.