Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
It appears to also have a contact line about 2/3rds the way down the shoulder? Tough to tell from the pic but there may be some taper above the neck/shoulder contact point. Could be a bit of upper shoulder, could be a thickened lower case neck (since the lower is what was once shoulder prior to being necked up)...hard to say. It might just need she shoulder pushed back a couple thou., too. At this point, it's hard to phone in the answer.

Remove the primer and with a caliper and and a head space gauge, measure it. Then tweak the die adjustment a small bit and remeasure. It might get longer before the case shoulder firmly contacts the shoulder area of the die and gets shorter. Go slow, and measure each you adjust the die.

Good shootin' -Al

I looked at that brass again this morning, and could not see the line with the naked eye. Doesn't mean it isn't there, I do know the bright flash can really make things look worse than they are. If I remember right when I was coloring with the sharpie, some of the shoulder I colored horizontal instead of vertical like the rest. Maybe just how I colored it?

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.