Mountain10mm;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust the first day of March in your section of Colorado is behaving and you're well.

Thanks for giving us the math and engineering answer, I appreciate it. One of the cool things about the 'Fire is the breadth of experience and knowledge we've got here.

As I've admitted numerous times I'm not certified in anything - well that's been kept current for sure - and as mentioned my answer was coming from a background of repeated machinery abuse.

It's interesting when you mentioned the threads as I can't recall ever seeing a bolt shear off anywhere other than in the threads. Makes sense though I suppose?

My layman's take on the shear pins is that they're likely made of soft and tough enough material to bend and not shear in most cases.

I know we've bent a few pins and bolts playing silly games and hoping not to win silly prizes, but there's been some instances where bolts sheared too, though for the life of me I can't recall exactly what happened to cause it or the size of the bolts. Sorry that detail is gone.

Thanks again though, its interesting to see the numbers.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"