Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Broke a pin hooking the cylinder to the fold down stabilizer leg on a Prentice loader,
the boss ran to the hardware and bought a couple grade 8 bolts. Getting the right pins
was a couple hour deal.

Broke them quick. At lunch he got their last grade 8, and a couple 5s.
The 8 broke, a 5 stayed in the rest of the week.

An earlier poster hit the nail on the head.
The 8s just snapped, too hard in shear.
The 5 deformed, it had to be hammered out, but it didn't snap.

PS. I was glad to get a real pin. Loading on the downhill side, reaching out for
a heavy log....your Sitting on Top of The Loader Ass will pull seat stuffings
when the lower stabilizer let's go. A truck suspension isn't very strong
under those conditions.

Boy, this brings back memories.

We had one of these on a Diamond Rio when I first started working for my father. The first load I ever took out when I first got my truck license, I thought I was going to die. I pulled up on the job with a full load of flagstone and climbed up on the crane like Billy Badass and forgot to put the stabilizers down. Picked up the first pallet and swung it off and the truck proceeded to roll over. I let go of the controls because I was going to jump, and the boom swung out and kept it from rolling over. I let the boom down which put the truck back on all of it's wheels. I climbed down and had to clean my shorts out. If I didn't die from it, my old man would have killed me.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You ought to run one on a mountainside!
First time I did, everything I swung the boom uphill these seat fell down as it pivoted.
That high up, it feels like you are falling. I'd let go of the controls, pull me feet from the swing pedals, and brace myself. Of course the loader quit moving and the log started
driving, the gyrations were impressive but only enhanced the WTF! Factor!

Very best job I ever had was logging, It's in my blood, didn't pay for Chitt, no future,
had to chase money.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!