Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Edit to add;
After the storage business shut down, I worked a year for a Big 3 auto dealer and was somewhat perplexed how often they'd sell a customer a pickup that was not going to be able to pull what they wanted to.

For that matter, some of the RV dealerships sold trailers to people that were too big for their little SUV to pull safely on our mountain roads, but we saw far too much of that as well.

Dwayne, I feel your pain. I don't think concern about undersized tow vehicles is limited to BC. The US is cursed with the same people who think their F150 and 4Runner is appropriate for towing a 30' toy-hauler into the mountains. I know this personally because I routinely get stuck behind them, I'm usually car number 82 or more in that line of backed-up vehicles. It's a rare sighting to see any tow vehicle outside of agriculture and construction that is properly sized by the owner for the toys they are pulling.

The same as selling Hitch's designed to Fail.
The Aluminum Hitch's can get Cyclic fatigue and crack.
Make no sense to me to put people on the road at risk higher than already with people that do not pay attention while driving.
Add a trailer to the equation and faulty products and the stage is set.