Pen {for filling out tags}
Zip ties {for affixing tags to deer}
Small flashlight
cartridge wallet
Compass
Lighter
Water bottle
Sandwich if I'll be out all day

Everything fits in my coat pockets. I don't carry a pack when hunting. If I had to carry so much shyt I needed a pack, I'd quit hunting and take up golf or something.
Enough shyt there I wouldn't be stuffing my pockets. Just as easy to carry a small pack with all of that.
Then you've got the wrong hunting coat. Not surprising. Most don't have enough pockets and what they do have are too small, insecure and/or poorly placed. Nobody in the group I hunt with wears a pack of any kind.

LOL. If you got more than a half mile from the road and a "drag rope" would only be useful to hang some quarters in a tree while you packed out the others on your back, you might think differently.
You should read some Benoit books. They'll show you how far deer can be dragged by actual men. I dragged one about a quarter mile last season. Took me all of maybe 20 minutes. The other two I could get close with the 4 wheeler so little dragging was needed. In the past I have dragged them over a mile. I avoid shooting them in such places today.