John;
Good morning and thanks for the correction.

We're getting some snow but not as much as our daughter down in the Lower Mainland has been getting, though that was last weekend more than this - so far.

Thanks again for the correction on which books are available. Somehow I thought I'd looked on your site, but then as it's been pointed out to me all too many times, what I "thought" I'd done doesn't always match up with what is. Something like that?

Regarding the "story" market, for sure you and I have discussed that and obviously I think it's a pity and try to support what is left of it by purchasing books and doing my best to encourage more.

Perhaps it's just me, but I think if we as a group lose the "story" part of hunting it'll be a sad day. I remember as a kid listening to my Uncle Frank and Dad telling stories of their annual moose hunts and hoping to one day have stories of my own to tell.

One imagines not that many generations back our ancestors doing the same around a fire too, so it's pretty deep in some of our DNA maybe?

Maybe not too John and maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see?

Anyways sir, again I appreciate the way you bring us along on your hunting stories with your word pictures. Not everyone can do that, well very few in fact I'd say.

Not that I don't learn from your gun writing, but sometimes when I read I just want to go along on a hunt to somewhere else, you know?

Best to you and Eileen as spring starts to get sprung.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"