Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Riflecrank
I agree with the gold-colored patridge/post/sourdough.
Townsend Whelen did too.
After melting one fiberoptic front bead with an accidental bit of solvent, I quit using them.
Too fragile.
You do realize the fiber optic is easy to replace right ? All you need is a piece of fiber optic {which is readily available} something to cut it with and a butane lighter.

I hate fiber optic sights on my guns.
Nothing shows up better in low light. Not brass or white or silver not even at a 45 degree angle. I have hunted them all extensively and I can regularly shoot groups under 1" at 50 yards and under 2" at 100 with the fiber optic beads. For years I used ivory beads and killed dozens of deer with them in conjunction with an aperture rear, but since trying the fiber optics I wouldn't have anything else on my iron sighted hunting rifles. I have had no troubles with breakage or solvent dissolving with mine.

I've had the fiber optic sight on handguns and shotguns. Don't mind on a shotgun but did not like Tham on the handgun. Couldn't shoot them as accurately. Would not want on on a my rifle.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first