Originally Posted by Riflecrank
OK, best front sight bead is whatever you like.
Apparently there is just no accounting for taste in front sights.
I think those fiberoptic beads are pretty but foul tasting.
A reliable scope tastes best of all, but a big monster scope can go sour.

Best is Leupold 2.5x20mm Ultralight (weighs 6.5 ounces) ...

[Linked Image]

... best value, most indestructible.

Any of the 1.5-5X20mm or 24mm scopes (1" or 30mm tubes) will add more weight and versatility.
Leupold and the discontinued Nikon are my personal favorites for value and reliability.
I really like the Leupold 2.5-8x36mm VX-III scope (1" tube) on any rifle, even a .458 WinMag.
I have never destroyed one of those.
Good eye relief and fits on a Whitworth M98.
Discontinued Nikon P3 Shotgun, SlugHunter, InLine 3-9x40mm scopes are great too, if you can find one,
but have shorter ring spacing and require extension rings or bases more often.

Best eye relief is when back end of scope ocular lines up with back side of trigger guard, as in picture above with 2.5X20mm Leupold.
Nominal 5" of ER is about as good as it gets in a normally mounted scope.
You can live with less if you can deal with keeping scope forward regardless of nominal ER,
accept some loss of FOV.
I do not like scout scopes unless there is no other way.

Use steel Weaver-style, cross-slot bases from Warne Maxima, Leupold Mark 4, etc.,
whatever fits on FN and Whitworth M98 Mauser actions.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like getting gunsmith to change screw holes to 8x40 instead of factory 6x48.
Some of those bases come with both sets of screws.
I like the J-B Weld epoxy on the bases and screws too. Better than Loctite, which may be used instead.

Leupold QRW rings are better than the vertically split Talley IMHO.
Burris Xtreme Tactical rings are great, but uglier, and a great value in dollars, they are my favorite rings.
Instead of QD levers that can be used on either left side or right side of rifle with Leupold QRW,
the Burris X-Tac rings have 1/2" nuts on the right side of ring only, cannot switch to left side.
They come in 1", 30mm, Low, Medium, High, X-Hi, etc.

QD levers must point above the bore line if used on right side of rifle
and must point below the bore line of rifle if used on left side of rifle.
See first picture above with the QRW levers.
Recoil acts to keep levers tightened that way.
LOL. Now everybody who frequents the optics forum here knows you don't know your ass from your elbow when it comes to scopes. Apparently you didn't get the memo. Leupold is unreliable junk. They don't track and they won't hold zero. Plus apparently you like walnut stocks which are too delicate and prone to dimensional changes which can cause zero shifts so are not the best on a serious hunting rifle. Oh and taste has nothing to do with what sight I use. I go with what works best and after using them all it's a green fiber optic bead for me.