Originally Posted by ingwe
If you are actually going to be hunting game with this I'd say white in 3/32

I prefer this 3/32” white bead for the iron sighted rifles I use. They’re large medium and large caliber DGRs with all shots, except rarely within 40 yds. Exception was about 55 yds x2 and the bead proved perfect.

Tried the fiber optic for a while til it broke - too flimsy for the real world of branches and boulders meeting muzzles unexpectedly in the real world IME.

I like and have an NECG sourdough Patridge brass insert on a 458 Win with a rear peep. Works well and very visible. Also have an old NECG FS with a large fold down larger bead over smaller ‘fine’ bead on an older 416 Rem Mag which seemed like a good idea at the time. The more I’ve hunted up close-in to DG, the more I’ve gravitated to sights fixed in place stoutly sans gimmicks. Less chance for wrong gimmick in place at the right time.

My preference really runs to simple, rugged, visible fronts and rears like the ones on the Ruger Hawkeye African and Alaskan, with the NECG white bead replacement insert.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now