Another good Campfire thread with some heartfelt and useful information. The place is on a roll!!!

My tidbit of info to add (and I heard it alluded to) is to avoid Metformin and tree stands in combination... holy [bleep]!

Metformin is a first line drug and you will likely be on it, at least for awhile until you can get some weight off and make other needed adjustments to your diet/life. As mentioned, sustained relief metformin can help with the bowel issues. Rybelsus(oral)or Trulicity(weekly injectable) are newer drugs that really help as well and help with getting the weight down, too if that is a big part of the issue. The latter two are VERY expensive if you don't have insurance that covers them but they do work.

Hard to describe how nice it is to get off the meds and re-establish some peace of mind.

The intermittent fasting combined with smarter eating helped me get over the insulin resistance hurdle and back into the tree stand!!! Remember persistence and discipline are required, too. With time, it will become your new habit and will feel "normal." As Dr. Fung spells out in his book, you can still enjoy celebrate special moments and holidays, etc. with traditional foods and "reward" yourself on occasion... just can't be the routine any longer.