Waking this thread up with an invitation for you to share your opinions on a part of my plan...

I haven't actually had any success on planning a bear hunt yet, but I am still researching and have actually begun looking for an outfitter. I will take a lightweight folding stocked 6.5 PRC rifle with good intentions of using it. I will also take a pair of full size Glock handguns for my lady and myself to pack while out & about. I have flown with rifles, and I have flown with handguns, but I have yet to fly with both at the same time.

I have a Tuffpak gun case that has worked out well for me on trips abroad. I have plans to zip the rifle and the handguns in their own soft case, then place them inside the Tuffpak, surrounded by clothing such as puffy jackets, etc. I may also tuck in a fly rod & a 2 pc. rod/spinning rig if there's room.

There will be 3 different cartridge sizes involved, 6.5 PRC, 10mm, and 9mm. Is shipping one box of each ammo to Alaska too expensive to go that route?

Oh yeah... I am addicted to their use, but should I just forget the rifle's suppressor and leave it home? Probably so, huh?

Thanks guys,
Jeff

Last edited by Jeffpg; 03/18/23.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."