Pugs;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the weekend has been going more than less your way and you're all well.

Thanks for sharing that beauty with us, it's a very fine representation on so many levels.

I'm always reluctant to pick one rifle on a thread like this, but I'll admit to a soft spot for 96 actions, Monte Carlo stocks combined with Stutzen fore ends and the 6.5x55... wink

To be perfectly honest, I've not added up all the costs on this Mauser project, much less began to add up my hours on it.

It started out as a rust pitted between the wars Mauser roll marked action that I paid $35 CDN for, put an FN .30-06 barrel onto it and plopped that into a reworked Model 70 stock.

Then it had a smith up the valley adjust the headspace on a Parker Hale .270 barrel with a Wildcat Composites stock..

Around then I started to see how light I could make a 98 and after a few years had the same smith install a near new Swede military barrel onto it, which isn't the most cost efficient or practical way perhaps, but I wanted the very fast twist and deep groove barrel that the Swedes made in the '40's...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It was a fun windmill to tilt at, but not a cheap one for sure.

All the best to you all Pugs and thanks for sharing that beauty with us.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"