back in the early '90s i helped my gunsmith (friend, RIP) built my first Mauser. i had a '98 FN Mauser action and i swapped the original trigger to a Timney and a Bueler safety. i put an 30lb striker spring. then i bent the bolt handle and finished it, thanks to my gunsmith's advice. i bought a 20" Douglas featherweight in 7x57 and my gunsmith put it on. somewhere along the line, he also blued it. then he did a D&T and put a Burris mount on the rifle. then i bought a wood like synthetic stock. then i put a 3-9x Swift scope. it took me about a year till it was done. all in all, i think i spent about $500 for it. i loaded up some 139gr Hornady FN and IMR4320 and it is still a 1/2" group at 100 yards (5 shots/bench). my oldest son now has it and he still shots deer with it.

7x57
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

i also gave my youngest son a 1916 Spanish Mauser in a Numrich sporter barrel in 6.5x55. Timney trigger, Dayton Traister striker spring and cocking piece, Beuhler safety, D&T for a Leopold mount and a 3-9x Burris scope. i didn't have time to really test it, but i have got 120gr Nosler BT and IMR4350 that goes around 2700fps and it is a 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" at 100 yards (5 shots/bench). i would like to test it for accuracy, but my son likes it and he has killed a couple of deer with the 6.5 Swede. i don't what it costs, but i paid $100 for the '16 Spanish Mauser sporterized in 7x57, 7 or 8 years ago. i did the Richards gun stock (i am disabled), while the metal work was done by my gunsmith.

6.5x55

i have a Husqvarna m46 in 9.3x57 that needed a scope put on it. my eyes ain't what they once were. i took it to my gunsmith and he D&T, bent the bolt handle, Dayton Traister trigger, striker spring, cocking piece and a safety. i put on a 2-7x Leopold and i got 3/4 - 1 1/4" at 100 yards (5 shots/bench) with 275gr WFN GC with IMR4895.

9.3x57

i've done a bunch of '91 - '98 Mausers, esp South American ones. i only do sporterized Mausers, i stay away from mint Mausers.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".