I had two PACT chronographs before my LABRADAR. With the PACT units it wasn’t unusual to miss shots depending on the sun angle. For my purposes I won’t ever go back to screen trigger units. IIRC, I’ve been using it from about summer of 2016.

With the LABRADAR, I’ll occasionally miss a shot because I forgot to switch the velocity range from rifle to handgun or vice versa. Once in a while I’ll miss the first shot because I didn’t aim it quite right or I bump the unit out of alignment. I position the unit to the right of the rifle, even with the receiver so I can reach the control buttons. I try to aim the unit toward a point that’s about 3/4 of the way between the muzzle and the target.

I’ve gravitated to the “doppler” trigger mode and that’s worked best for me. A few months ago I bought one of their power packs and that was a good addition and has plenty of power reserve. The loads I shoot that probably pose the biggest challenge for the LABRADAR are the 40 grain Ballistic Tips and Hornady Vmax with their tiny BT bases, out of a 22-250. I’m only pushing them to around 3800 fps. I don’t have any 17’s or 20’s that are faster than that, so the LABRADAR does fine for my purposes.

Last edited by navlav8r; 03/20/23.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.