We are very range deprived here in Australia and where I shoot the benches are close together. Had no end of problems till I acquired a recoil trigger then its great and improves the reliability of getting a reading. In fact I could not get readings with braked rifles otherwise. For the price you'd think they would come with it standard! Its disappointing that the manufacturers have not continued to develop it in both hardware & software.

Since my range is over 1 hour away I'm always bringing several rifles along to shoot and for multiple rigs the Labradar is much more convenient than a Magnetospeed. In fact my friend who had a Magnetospeed V3 bought one after seeing my unit perform. I have also used it indoors where the shooting lanes are very narrow and have long side baffles between benches. Initially, I could not get readings then I found out the secret is to keep the Unit in the Middle of the shooting lane. Presumeably because the radar beam comes out in a conical shape & when put to one side the beams hit the baffles and reflect back causing interference. Like everything you need to learn & trial & error to get the most out of it. Contrary to what everyone & even Labradar's own info the alignment to the target is not that critical as I was led to believe. I set mine to read at each 25m interval to 100m and usually I'll get MV, 25m & 50m. If my alignment to target is really good I can sometimes get it all the way to 100m but that is not necessary.

Ideally, I think the product would be improved if it came in 2 parts. A tube like a riflescope which contained the guts of the radar unit & a seperate screen or control unit to run it or forget the screen and connect to an app on your phone by Bluetooth or wifi connection .