Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Have posted this before, but I bought one a few years ago to see what the deal was. Loved it for about six months, but as the Labradar people admit it didn't read bullets under .22 caliber, or over 3900 fps.

Then I went to the range one day with a 6mm rifle and a bunch of loads for a magazine assignment--and it wouldn't read the base of a very streamlined boattail, no doubt because it was so tiny. And it was reading other bullets, not just in that rifle but others, so was "aimed" right.

So I had to finish the range session with a light-screen chronograph I also had along. Went home and put the Labradar up for sale on the Campfire Classifieds.

If they ever fix those problems would buy another--and they work fine for shooters who don't have such a wide range of requirements.
John,

Is there any chance your battery was getting weak when this happened? I have been reading many streamlined .224” and 6mm bullet with the LR, including the .224” 75gr ELD-M and AM, 6mm 108gr ELD-M, 112gr Matchburner, 115gr DTAC, etc., with nary a missed shot. But I have noticed more than once that if I let my power bank get too low, the LR doesn’t alert me to the fact that the radar signal is getting weak, and it starts to miss some of the more challenging bullets to pick up. Swap in a charged power bank and it’s back to business as usual.