Originally Posted by MRC_Ian
Hi Guys,

I figured I'd chime in- I'm the design engineer at MRC.

I know the Pic rail is a polarizing feature, but it's actually used to hold the receiver in our machining operation. There are plans to do a "slick top" for a proper, traditional look in the future, along with chrome-moly variants. We just had to start somewhere to get this out on to market. There are plans to add the 30-06 to the line up depending on demand. Big dog African calibers will be out eventually, but we have to focus on the larger sales markets before the niche. We've teamed up with McMillan for our carbon stocks, and the leading wood stock manufacturer for the walnut.

It's been a long road evaluating and designing this product (2+ years of R&D so far). Montana Rifle Company is now part of Grace Engineering/G5 outdoors, so there's a lot going on around here. Everything is machined, assembled, and finished in house with the exception of the stocks and a few screws/springs. Just check the website periodically for updates, or feel free to contact direct.

-Ian

p.s.- the rifle in the last website pic is an older, cast receiver Model 1999 (there were 2 casting sources previously). We've been so busy building and testing, there hasn't been time for new photo shoots :-)

Welcome to the 'fire and thanks for the info. Best wishes to your endeavors! With the demise of the properly triggered M70, demise of MRC, and cancellation of any sort of decent Hawkeyef from Ruger, there's certainly been a missing option for CRF rifles for the last several years. I'll never buy one of your rifles with a rail, but would certainly buy normal ones in all available action lengths.