Hey all, back from a glorious week of camping and hiking in SC with the family :-)

There's too many questions to answer to the the quote post thing, so here it goes:
1. We will be offering both bare and barreled actions as our manufacturing dept. picks up speed.
2. There are no plans currently to do custom rifles or wildcats, you'll have to work with your gunsmith and one of our bare actions. The long and short, is we don't have the manpower.
3. The initial offering for the McMillan stock is very similar to their Gamehunter model. A traditional sporter will be coming later as we add to the product line.
4. Lefty actions should be out in a year or so.
5. Picatinny slot spacing is the same as if it was a solid rail, anything else would be silly!
6. We're not taking direct orders. Sales are being handled through the same rep groups we use for our G5 Outdoors and Prime Archery brands. They're doing the leg work to find "full service" shops in their areas that are a good fit for this brand. There should be a dealer locator on the main MRC website at some point in time.
7. Being a Michigan company, we'll be doing straight wall "neutered" rounds at some point. It will likely be the .350 Legend, and .450 Bushmaster because of sales volumes despite my affinity for better rounds like the 45 raptor and various whisper type wildcats. I've got some fun goofy stuff for my own personal collection brewing, but I'm sure it'll never make production.
8. The bean counters are working on the pricing, but it's going to be somewhere between $2-3k depending on options.

and finally, the answer to the recoil lug...

The reason for the removeable construction stems from it being a fully machined receiver, and starting bar stock size. We start with a 2" diameter 10 lbs chunk of pre heat treated stainless. We gun drill the main bolt diameter on center using the same drill we use to make barrels. If I were make the recoil lug integral to the receiver, I'd have to start with 2.5" diameter stock (13.5 lbs vs 10 lbs), and subsequently machine off the additional 3-1/2 lbs of steel. With the increased cost of material and added machine time, it would add somewhere in the $500 ballpark cost to the receiver. Yes, it's somewhat of a compromise, but it works, and works well.

We bed the actions with Devcon epoxy front and rear. The lug and all receiver surfaces are drafted forward and laterally to allow release from the bedding compound. The flat recoil bearing surfaces are left flat for proper load transfer. The lug to receiver fit is quite tight, and we spray mold release on the receiver, and lug so they come out of the bedding together. I've also purposely only mold released the receiver to bed the lug in. When I want to run multiple actions in the same stock, this method works great (providing you stone off a hair of material from the lug to allow them to separate easily).

-Ian