Reading through this mostly just tells me I've been damned fortunate to have ridden really good horses probably without knowing how lucky I've been.

I once slid off of a trotting horse riding bare-back, that's the closest I've come to anything even remotely sketchy.

College girlfriend's parents had a couple hundred cows and when you're the boyfriend, you're also free labor regarding said cattle. In those days I rode 2-3 days a week, they were only ~10Mi out of town. No ATAV's, they did everything on horses. I got the horse I rode the most "high-centered" in deep snow once and she got pissed off but didn't blow-up. Couple crow-hops and I stepped off on top of the hard-drift, led her out and hopped back on with no more drama. That's probably the closest I've been to "trouble" on a saddled horse.

I know for fact I don't know diddly-squat about horses beyond being able to saddle and ride one that's trained. That said, I can get quite a bit out of a dog and I've always treated horses kind of the same. NEVER let them get away with not doing what they're told.

Last edited by horse1; 03/27/23.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.