Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I would look at IWB rigs that still offer a full firing grip on the pistol yet sit deep in the pant for concealment purposes. Personally I have found that the Milt Sparks Summer Specials are still my favorites after trying a number of variations over the years.

This is not a good pic, and this is a 50th anniversary model, so the production ones will have two snaps, but I find that the Summer Special will conceal a full size 5" gun easily with a t shirt on.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am not a fan of appendix IWB carry for my own reasons, but a lot of people like it, so if it works for them, fine by me, but I prefer not to. A few different button down shirts that are designed to be worn untucked that are just a little longer in length may solve a lot of your problems, when combined with a good IWB rig.

Like you say, everyone has to figure out what works for them & holster fit is a very personal thing.
Lots of styles work.
I have several versions of the SS's & they work fine but on most people, especially thinner ones, they bulge just a little too much at 3 o'clock. But because or the thinner profile, a 1911 works well in them. The Sparks Executive Companion is also good if it fits your build.

MM