Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by auk1124
Craddock will sell you a 22 inch Bartlein in 6 arc if that is your jam. They're big heavy bastards. But montanaman is right, an 18 inch 6 arc barrel should be plenty for anything you want to do at 500 yds.

I'd love to see how your 6 Arc rifles are doing at 500 yards. Can you guys post some pics?

Spring just sprung in my neck of the woods. I'll get some tgt's once I get a little time away from the man.. 6 ARC is the easy button if you're not using a 5.56 in my opinion. 30 dollar a box ammo that'll shoot real darned well in an AR or Bolt hunt.

Thanks Scotty. I'm glad you commented. As I was thinking about this thread yesterday, I was thinking about you and your 223 CTR. If you think the 6 ARC in an ar will outshoot your CTR, I'll believe you. Again, 3" targets at 500 yards. I shoot 2" targets at 400 on a continual basis and know a 3" target at 500 is not as easy as some guys make it out to be. The reason I asked for some target pics. Not talking about steel plate either because you have no idea how many shots were sent downrange. A nice big piece of paper tells a better story. Or even a standard 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper like I post a lot.. I've posted some good 3 shot groups at 400 on steel even, like the yote I like shooting at. Take this one for example:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hell of a good group (about 3/4"), but would have missed a 3" target. You really have to buckle down and know how to deal with the wind, to make consistent shots on a small target at that distance. I look forward to seeing some target pics posted where some of you guys can consistently keep them inside a 3" circle, at 500 yards.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA