Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by auk1124
Craddock will sell you a 22 inch Bartlein in 6 arc if that is your jam. They're big heavy bastards. But montanaman is right, an 18 inch 6 arc barrel should be plenty for anything you want to do at 500 yds.

I'd love to see how your 6 Arc rifles are doing at 500 yards. Can you guys post some pics?

Spring just sprung in my neck of the woods. I'll get some tgt's once I get a little time away from the man.. 6 ARC is the easy button if you're not using a 5.56 in my opinion. 30 dollar a box ammo that'll shoot real darned well in an AR or Bolt hunt.

Thanks Scotty. I'm glad you commented. As I was thinking about this thread yesterday, I was thinking about you and your 223 CTR. If you think the 6 ARC in an ar will outshoot your CTR, I'll believe you. Again, 3" targets at 500 yards. I shoot 2" targets at 400 on a continual basis and know a 3" target at 500 is not as easy as some guys make it out to be. The reason I asked for some target pics. Not talking about steel plate either because you have no idea how many shots were sent downrange. A nice big piece of paper tells a better story. Or even a standard 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper like I post a lot.. I've posted some good 3 shot groups at 400 on steel even, like the yote I like shooting at. Take this one for example:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hell of a good group (about 3/4"), but would have missed a 3" target. You really have to buckle down and know how to deal with the wind, to make consistent shots on a small target at that distance. I look forward to seeing some target pics posted where some of you guys can consistently keep them inside a 3" circle, at 500 yards.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rest assured if I hit the 3 inch target with one of three shots at 500 yards I would have to open a Yuengling lager to celebrate! Especially from prone.

Last edited by rickt300; 05/10/23.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]