Originally Posted by Potsy
I’m looking at the basic 550.
I just want to size and bell on the press, then prime and dump powder outside of the press, the seat and crimp on the press.
Not the way most guys do it, but a better “fit” for me.
Plus I don’t have to buy their dies.

You don't have to buy their dies. Their die sets have several advantages though: They are very well made. Seating and Crimping are done in separte operations. And, the mouth of the dies are "champhered" to allow the round to enter the die even if all the stations are not perfectly alligned.

This practice of champhering the case mouth of each die is not limited to Dillon. Read the technical overview on the Redding "Pro" series of dies. They do the same thing to their pro series as Dillon does - and for the same reason.

I have been reloading since 1994. When I first started, the basic Dillon press - no accessories was $259. I though that was too much and decided on an RCBS. No problems with the RCBS. It will last me the rest of my life and beyond.

However - if I knew then what I know now - I would have purchased the Dillon.

When it comes to loading pistol rounds like 9mm, 40 S&W, or 45 ACP - a single stage press is not even in the same ball park as the Dillon.