Originally Posted by kwg020
Check out this twitter link. It appears like multiple arsonists got this ball rolling.

https://twitter.com/DarnelSugarfoo/status/1666543514447130624

yeah, the link mentions the College professor who lost his job at one of the U Cal campuses, and set a fire, to blame it on climate change. I drove home east of Susanville, when coming back from a Campfire Get Together in Arizona. Smoke was so thick, you couldn't see past a 100 yds, and at times, even less.

A lot of these are set by arsonists, just idiots who want to brag to their moron dweeb friends, that they started it..
and then there are copy cats. California seems to have more of them than Oregon and Washington.

Travels between here and Arizona several years ago, in rural Nevada, on US 93, I was listening to the only thing I could pick up on the radio, which was NPR, with their "All Things Considered" radio show. They were speaking about before 1980, the State of Nevada averaged about 30,000 acres burned each summer. Since 1980 annual averages are over 600,000 acres are burned each year, a 20 fold increase annually. This was what was being reported by NPR on a talk show, so take that with how many grains of salt ya want to. But even the left is admitting to a substantial increase with change of the amount of land burned each year.... and isn't this about the time, all of this Global Warming and Climate Change started " showing up"?

I've crossed Montana and Idaho when they have been having fires. They are a hell of a lot better taking care of it, as compared to the three west coast states. ODF tries to get out there, and take care of it. But the Feds have been reported to be going out and telling ODF, to stand down and they will take over the fire.. and then do nothing but let it burn. Are we all to believe this is good forest management?

and yet the money spent and burnt up ( no pun intended, but if the shoe fits) supposedly fighting these fires is off the charts. Know guys who are retired forest service people, and on some of these big fires we've had in the last 27 years, they are paid $900 a day, just to be stationed somewhere " in reserve", at times for 5 and 6 weeks straight. And they do nothing but stay there in reserve...so that is $6300 a week, for 5 or 6 weeks. Governmental efficiency...

Doesn't take a genius to figure this out, when you live it, when its all around you and the entire area, every darn summer.
I get this from feed back talking to guys who work around it every summer.

Then they get the National Guard activated to go to points and just block traffic off. Being a Vet, its no problem to go out and talk to these guys for several hours if you desire...all pretty tell the same stories..more example of government waste of resources and money.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez