Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Seafire
This is hilarious!

The news is acting like this is the end of the earth for the Northeast USA....

Sort of the way it is when they have to deal with some gusts and some rain from the remnants of a hurricane that clobbered southern states as a hurricane.

I can relate, I started school in Key West FL. My dad was USAF liaison at Key West Naval Air Station. I've also lived in Miami Beach when I was younger, and in Palm Beach after Key West. So yeah, I've lived thru Hurricanes also, and I've also lived thru Tornados in the Upper Midwest of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin...
Spent a summer working in No Georgia during summer college break, just south of my Grand Parents place in Chattanooga TN. I was up in Cleveland TN in the summer of 71 or 72, when a Tornado touched down, and walked from one side of town to the other, west to east. IT took out 10 blocks on each side of US 11 & 64. It was dropping cars, house trailers, cattle and other debris, 60 to 80 miles east of Cleveland TN.

I've been in bad weather and disasters all over the USA in my lifetime. Hurricanes and Tornados are not necessarily preventable, Forest Fire extremes are....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez