Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by pricedo
Originally Posted by pete53
if your buying ammo i would buy 180 gr. Nosler Partition loaded ammo , if your a reloader 180 gr. Nosler Partitions are still a great choice. good luck ,Pete53

... Nosler brand factory ammo ... good luck finding that north of the 49th ... I've seen a few boxes of Federal blue box (decent ammo with core n'cup bullets) in the Canadian Tire Stores up there ... plenty accurate for shooting an animal the size of a hwy billboard at 50 yds ... in heavy canuck brush you won't see them much farther than that unless you're hunting timberland clear cuts which can be a 1000 yds or more wide

i bet Lost River Ammo would build some ammo or some others would for a price ,just got to be smart enough to know how to find ammo or load ammo yourself.

... considering my first 3 moose were shot with a Winchester 94 levergun in 30-30 with 170 gr Core-Lokts (2 were 1-shot kills) just about anything off the shelf in 30-06 Sprng should do the job ... I'd go with the heaviest bullet which is usually 180 grain ... certainly wouldn't be paying double bubble for so called premium ammo ... you can't get deader than dead

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA