I only tried them in the early short integral bases, a #2-56 will not pass through the right side clearance hole on the two I tried. The #2-56 measures 0.084" dia. and the originals measure about 0.078", an old fractional size - 5/64". The 2mm screws I have measure 0.071~0.072" but 2 mm converts to 0.07874". Maybe the later long integral bases used a different size screw? Rory found the specification for that screw as 80 TPI, the metric 2-.4 = 63½ TPI. I could not find a source for M2-.25 fine threads with the correct head, they would be 91½ TPI.

The metric screws threaded freely in and the original screw went right back in without an issue, so the threads appear to not have been damaged.

There is also a course thread M2-.45 that is almost an exact match for some 5/64 diameter screws with courser threads used on some Stevens ladder sights, it's within a half thread in pitch and just under in diameter. I bought taps & one die for those, they must not be commonly used and were hard to find.

I put some pictures together to email LHS905
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The M2-.4's with the heads ground down
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by GeneB; 08/22/23. Reason: added pictures

Gene