Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
https://thegunzone.com/kahr-p380-review/

This reviewer suggests sticking with lighter weight .380 bullets.... My PM 9 measured just shy of 5.5". At 4.93" the .380 could be enough shorter to disappear in a back pocket.

Anyone here have experience with the Kahr .380 to share?

I haven't been that happy with mine. More than accurate enough but it has issues. Mine likely needs some chamber work. If I completely remove the barrel and drop a round into the chamber, some brands of ammo will drop right in and fall out when you tip the barrel, but some brands have to be slightly seated into the chamber. The ones that show resistance going in won't fall out when you tilt the barrel. They have to be levered out of the chamber and those are the ones that jam a high percentage of the time.

Even the easy chambering ammo will sometimes experience a stoppage, but then it is caused by a failure to completely return to battery. It will remain about 1/4 inch out. You can push the slide forward with your thumb and fire it. I figure some chamber work and a stronger recoil spring would help it tremendously. I haven't got around to shipping it back to the factory yet.

Mine is the more expensive P-380. They did not offer the CW version when I bought mine.

Last edited by RHClark; 08/26/23.