Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by mark shubert
New Mexico has been open carry since territorial days.
Never was a fan of open carry - but I am now.
The mini-dictator biotch with the Napoleon Complex wants to "make a statement".
I will also.
She needs to go screw a donkey - given her affinity for being a jackass.
Mark, What's the local take on this? Media, friends, etc. Are there plans for organized (possibly armed but peaceful) protests?
Also am interested in Mark's view and any prediction on that. After living in NM for quite a while (rather extreme rural), my view is that the primary reaction will be that almost all will simply ignore her "edict" - do and carry as they they normally do. It is not at all a big "demonstration" place

The state is grossly tied to the Fed Guv and has a history of rotten Dem politicians (longstanding Hispanic network) who usually are given the nod due to history and low expectations. None of the outlying areas would pay a bit of attention to such a crass move (which is why those are not included), and most of those who live in Alb/Bernalillo (big Dem base with heavy crime "reason") will ignore it as well.

Yes - lame duck Lujan and the lame Dem state were selected for a test run, and the hack governor has complied.

One thing is certainly assured as you noted.

The criminal element in ABQ and Bernalillo will not lock up their guns until the "emergency" is over.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?