In the '70s, I used to cut Carmichael's cartridge columns out of OL, sort them and keep them in a three ring binder.

Tis how I discovered there was other than 30-06 and 30 Rem/30-30. Jim guided me to purchase my first rifle, a 22-250 in a MIJ Wea MK V deluxe Varmint master. A beautifully scaled mini action.

I learned from JC to appreciate max point blank range, and high velocity cartridges. My next new rifle was a 25-06.

Still due to JC's tutelage, I laid eyes on a box of 264 Win cartridges in 1980. I thought that was the sexiest thing I had ever seen. It took me over ten years to finally find the rifle in a local gunshop. Nobody was chambering for 264 at that time. But finally a Win 70 classic came into the LGS, and came home with me. The story would have been the same had it been a 257 Wea, which I had spied first. same/same

Layne Simpson convinced me I needed a 7MM STW. I finally found a Ruger #1 at Sportsman's.

I can not really blame anyone for my affinity for the 260. I simply liked the idea of a 120 gr 6.5mm at a moderate velocity without burning 60 gr of powder. (as in the 264) Though history shows, once again, JC was largely responsible for development of the cartridge.

I never had any exposure to Keith or JOC. JC is primarily responsible for my wayward tendencies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.