Allways wanted a Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express chambered for 50-140 3.25". Followed the adds in the gun magazines for years allways just a little more money than I could afford and of course the price just kept going up. One afternoon when I was done working I slid by my lgs. Knew all the guys there. At the counter one of them showed me a cartridge and said bet you don't know what this is? I said you'd lose because it is a 50-140 Sharps that some dipshit put a greaser in. He shook his head and laughed hard " you're right it is". I said to bad you don't have the rifle we could do a deal. He laughed , reached behind him and picked up the rifle and handed it to me. Awe struck I finally said how much? He couldn't quote me one yet as that was up to the boss. I asked for first right of refusal. That he granted. I ended up with it at a price I really couldn't afford but sometimes in life it will pass you by if you don't jump on it. I jumped. That was 32 years ago thousands of rounds out the barrel , hundreds of pounds of lead and with less than 50 shots to a pound of powder several cases of that. Mule deer, antelope and a cow buffalo. Targets to 800 yds what a cartridge it is the one I still marvel at. 10 lbs 3 oz that 34" Shiloh let's you know when it goes off, you never have a problem spotting your misses. It was just an add in the back of a magazine no one writing about it.
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "