It was around 1976/77 when a new neighbor moved into the house next door. He was from New York City and we got to talking. He asked about the hunting here in Nevada where I lived at the time and I told him it was pretty good. Come deer season I loaned him a rifle and we were out opening day. We went to one of my favorite spots and though we looked and hunted hard hadn't seen a thing. Tom, my NYC neighbor had been grumbling for a while telling me we won't see deer because the country was too open for them to hide. I told him, "Patience my friend." I'd decided we should go to another area that usually had deer and we were sitting at the top od a ridge resting a bit before climbing down to where my truck was parked. As we discussed where we might go to I heard a volley of shots off to my right that came from behind a saddle in the hills. I turned to look and damn me if a right pretty 4x4 came trotting across the saddle heading right toward us. Tom and my stepson who was with us were looking the other way and there was no way I could turn enough to take a shot. I decided to try shooting left handed and took the shot dropping the buck DRT. Tom jumped up hollering at me to be careful with that gun. I just looked at him and said, "When you're through hollering at me, come on over and help me gut my deer." He said, "What deer?" I said the one lying deed about 25 yards from us. The look on his face when he saw it was priceless.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE