Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
It time a few of our MT members get to supporting somebody to defeat Tester.

Right now Sheehy looks pretty good.

What say Montana boys?

I met him when he first started campaigning and talked about my concerns (mostly about the Supreme Court and standing up for constitutional principles of small government) He said the right things even when I told him I don't like McConnell and was concerned that he (Tim) was purportedly the Turtle's pick. I'd vote for any (R) over Tester, so I have low standards. All things equal, I'd rather see Rosendale take out Tester and I ain't a fan of anyone who constantly reminds us that he was a SEAL, but Sheehy will do.

Rosendale already lost to Tester once because he ran a shitty campaign and let Tester's Green Decoys sway enough weak minds.

Do you think Rosendale learned a lesson and will do better on Pro 2A and hunters rights?

I wasn't living in MT full time during the 2018 election so I am not familiar with how Rosendale ran his campaign. I've met him a few times and I've watched him as a member of the House, so that's what I go on rather than how he campaigned for federal office six years ago.

While I'm not a fan of Zinke (another former SEAL who doesn't live up to his conservative claims), who has been less than impressive in his return to the House, I am a huge fan of Rosendale and how he is doing exactly what he promised to do. So simply based on track records in Congress, Rosendale is a stellar candidate for the Senate. Whether his campaigning is good enough, I have no idea.

But looking back at 2018, Rosendale came very close to winning and he was a federal unknown taking on an incumbent who had massive left wing backing. Since that time he's shown that he's as solid a conservative as anyone could hope for.

If Rosendale goes for the Senate seat, he gets my vote throughout the primary and general elections. If Sheehy is the only (R) candidate in the general, he is my candidate, but I'd pick Rosendale over him in a primary.
Right on Remsen, i wasn't happy with Zinkes vote to keep McCarthy. Or his latest votes either.
I

I'm with you guys, Matt Rosendale is one of the few good guys in DC. But anything has to better than liberal John Tester. Steve Daines has also been a disappointment, but 1000% better than any Democrat.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne