Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Remsen, you commented on growing tired of hearing Sheehe tell us he was a SEAL, why do you think he does that?

Is it because he is really full of himself or maybe because it seems to sell well with the Rural types?

It seems that SEALs that go into politics don't fare so well.

I'm sure the campaign managers think it's a strong selling point with both rural types and conservatives generally. Maybe it is, in fact.

I'd certainly respect a candidate more if he had a background in the military as opposed to a background in, say, community organizing and racebaiting (e.g., Obama and his crew). But when I ask a candidate "what's going to happen if you win and McConnell pressures you to follow the RINO agenda of not fighting back against the Marxists in D.C." and he says "I learned how to fight back as a SEAL", that is a red flag (and exactly the conversation I had with Sheehy).

Congrats on having been a SEAL, but D.C. is littered with former military guys who are worthless. Tell me what you're going to do if you win and be clear about it, then fuggin DO IT when you win.

Copy that.

I am MAGA.